Friday, November 23, 2007

Green Again

So after not playing for so long, I had my ass handed to me Wednesday. Actually, we called it a draw after playing for way too long, but It was the other guy's second time playing ever so...yeah, I suck. First time against Cryx though. Re-learned some, and learned some new things though.
  • Iron Flesh + Winterguard is every bit as good as you'd think it is.
  • The Butcher isn't THAT fragile. Go kick some ass.
  • Widowmakers are a very high priority target. Use that to my advantage.
  • Mortar continues failing me. I'll give it a few more games.
  • Don't blow all 3 rockets first chance something gets in range. Especially since they didn't hit anything anyway. Wait to spring that trap.
Basically if I hadn't played like an idiot, that game would have been a piece of cake. On the feat turn Goreshade got slammed with the Destroyer's gun, with 7 damage points remaining. My 4 man Winterguard CRA needed a 6 to hit, and I rolled a 5. Against Goreshade's armor of 17, it would have been 3d6-1 to damage, and >3d6-8 would win. Damn. Well, at least I'm back in it now.
~Max

No comments:

All WARMACHINE (R) logos, places, things, character names and likeness, and images are TM or (C) property of Privateer Press, Inc.